- Festival of the Arts Home
- About the Festival
- Festival Sponsors
- Friends of the Festival
Frederick Festival of the Arts
The 21st annual Frederick Festival of the Arts is a juried, three-day fine arts festival held the first weekend every June along Carroll Creek Linear Park in downtown Frederick. The event features over 110 artists from across the country, two stages of live entertainment, artist demonstrations, children’s activities, food, and much more.
2014 FESTIVAL SCHEDULE
Friday June 6, 2014 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. special reception and artist meet-n-greet
Saturday, June 7, 2014 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 8, 2014 – 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Schedule of festival activities being offered by the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center
These activities are free and open to the public.
Saturday, June 7 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, June 8 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Community Supported Art Market
• International Children’s Films
• Building-wide Gallery Exhibits
• Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County Exhibit
• Frederick Hot Glass Society Torch Demos
• Frederick County Knucklers Marble Shooter Demos & Games
Drop-in Art Activities for all ages from 12-5 p.m. both days:
• Paper Mosaics: Create colorful designs using paper tiles and shapes.
• Paper Roll Art: Create kings and queens and other figures using paper rolls; embellish with colorful fabric pieces, construction paper, and yarn.
• Make-Your-Mark Mural Project: Express yourself!
Photo by SusanLedford.com
The Festival is an open-air event and all walkways around the show are fully handicapped accessible. Handicapped parking is also available in and around the City of Frederick.
Getting around town is easy. There are more than 5,000 public parking spaces available in historic downtown Frederick with five parking decks from which to simply walk to the festival site.
For more information, contact the Frederick Arts Council at 301.662.4190, or by email at email@example.com